The Daily Caller came out with a BOMBSHELL of an article today, which would normally be rocking the news cycle… if it wasn’t for Rex Tillerson being fired, and Trump visiting wall prototypes in CA, and the PA Dist #18 vote wasn’t going on. In other words, it’s another typical day where the news comes at you like a firehose. But THIS story is something that the MSM will try it’s best to bury, at all costs.
It turns out that the firm that is responsible for the fake dossier, that was used to spy against the Trump campaign… the same firm that the Hillary campaign and the DNC paid to make up all that garbage… is the VERY SAME FIRM that Obama used to investigate Mitt Romney prior to the 2012 campaign! According to the Daily Caller article,
- A new book claims former President Barack Obama hired Fusion GPS to dig up dirt on Romney
- Obama used law firm Perkins Coie to hide payment to Fusion GPS
- The Clinton campaign would later do the same thing to investigate Trump
The Barack Obama presidential campaign hired Fusion GPS in 2012 to dig up dirt on Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, according to a book released on Tuesday.
The Obama campaign hid its payments to Fusion GPS through its law firm, Perkins Coie. The arrangement is similar to the one that the Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee used to pay Fusion for its investigation of then-candidate Donald Trump in 2016.
That contract led to the creation of the infamous Steele dossier, which was written by former British spy Christopher Steele.
“In 2012, Fusion GPS was hired to do opposition research on Mitt Romney for Barack Obama’s reelection campaign,” reads “Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin’s War on America and Donald Trump’s Election.”
The book is written by Michael Isikoff and David Corn, two veteran reporters who met during the 2016 campaign with Steele and Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson. (RELATED: New Book Raises Questions About Steele Dossier Source)
“As had become standard practice in the shadowy world of ‘oppo’ research, the Obama campaign’s payments to Fusion GPS were never publicly disclosed; the money paid to the investigative firm was reported on campaign disclosure reports as legal bills to the campaign’s law firm, Perkins Coie,” the book reads.
The Obama for America committee paid Perkins Coie around $3 million during the 2012 election cycle, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission, A vast majority of the payments were earmarked for “Legal Services.”
It is not clear how the law firm paid Fusion GPS for its research on Romney, a former Massachusetts governor.
Perkins Coie received more than $12 million from the Clinton campaign and DNC during the 2016 election cycle. Fusion GPS was paid just over $1 million for its research on Trump. The oppo firm paid Steele just under $178,000 for his work on the dossier.
WOW… right? I don’t know about you, but I have a TON of questions that I wish could be answered right now… such as:
- Was there also a fake trap set up, to falsely implicate Romney, in case he won the 2012 election?
- Was it Obama’s idea to funnel money through Perkins Coie law firm, or was that a neat trick that Hillary showed him when she was Secretary of State?
- Was it Hillary’s idea to make up the fake dossier, or Obama’s? (Remember, he had as much to lose as she did… he spent a very long time corrupting the DOJ and FBI and State Dept, and his entire legacy was built on Executive Orders.)
- Where is the REST of all that money that was given to the Perkins Coie law firm? Surely it can’t all be legal bills… and for what they paid Fusion GPS (and later in Hillary’s case, also Christopher Steele) there’s a LOT of money left over, if you do the math! Where did THAT go to??? What ELSE was the law firm up to?
- Why is it even remotely legal to use a LAW FIRM to launder money??
Hopefully we’ll find out more answers soon, before curiosity kills us all. Perhaps there will be more revelations to come forward from the book, in a drip drip drip fashion. (That would be fun, huh?)
Get out your popcorn folks! It’s going to be a FUN year!! #MAGA